September 25, 2011

Mazel Tov Bat Mitzvah Daisy Card Upped My Coolness Temporarily

Mazel Tov Bat Mitzvah Daisy Card 
          Want to know a secret?  I'm suddenly very happy that the selection of Greeting cards for Jewish-themed Celebrations & Holidays is as limited as it is.  I never thought I'd feel that way ~ Isn't that silly & selfish?  LOL. My daughter, Ali is at that Bat Mitzvah age (her's in May 2012); she seems to go to a few every 6-8 weeks.  Amanda was the 1st friend to receive one of my cards. I'm also close to her and her mother; the girls have been close since pre-school.  I went all-out on that card; search "Bat Mitzvah" to see the gorgeous brunette in her fancy Bat Mitzvah party dress. I didn't expect to gifts in return, however not only did that sweet girl thank me through 3-4 texts to my daughter, "Tell your Mom I LOVED the card she made me"... the best surprise of all was that somehow this attention awakened my daughter's appreciation for them.  Poor thing... she was "over crafted" as a child ~ I didn't think that was possible.  
          My favorite part of making cards my kids' friends is chatting with them about their friend before I start. The invitation for today's celebration was an elegant cream-colored card; no hints of the Bat Mitzvah girl's personality.  When asked what kind of things her friend liked, Ali replied, "She likes "Pretty things".  I showed her my ever-growing pile of Daisys ~ Ali chose the above flower & I was raring to go!  


CARD INGREDIENTS:
Card Stock and Ink:
* Whisper White for base
* Pink Pirouette
* Very Vanilla
* Melon Mambo - Daisy
* Pretty in Pink - Daisy
* Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write Marker 
      (2011 In Color Stampin' Write Markers set #123002)


Tools:
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine #113439
    (Comes with required Cutting Pads and a multipurpose platform)
Daisies Flower #2 Bigz Die  #114520
* Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die #119277
* Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die #117335
* Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch #122362
* 1/4" Pretty In Pink Grosgrain Ribbon #109032 
* 3/4 Inch Circle Punch  #119873
* 1-1/4 Inch Circle Punch #119861
* Large Oval Punch  #119855




* Paper Cutter #104142
* Paper Snips (scissors) #103579
* Tombo Adhesive


Non-Stampin' Up! Items: 
*  Light Green big & small gems (Michaels
*  Mazel Tov Stamp set by Papertrey Ink


The Beauty of Embossing Folders & the Large Lace Border Punch!
These are a few of my favorite things ~ I could not live without my Big Shot, Embossing Folders & Dies and my Border Punches!  I used my Paper cutter to cut already-embossed Pink Pirouette card stock. Threading the ribbon through the lacy-punched out piece of Very Vanilla is really easy.


3-D Daisy
*Stay tuned for more on the flower construction! *
You'll need 6 Large Flower cuts for the Main flower
& 6 Small ones for the center
Top of Open Card
Inside
For the Inside I also used:
* Stampin' Up Mazel Tov set (retired)
* Decorative Label Punch #120907
* Eyelet Border Punch #119853


I am working on another Daisy card (birthday) for tomorrow ~ Will share with fewer words tomorrow!  :)

1 comment: