December 16, 2011

2011 Hanukkah Designs


Popping in to quickly share my latest creations - I'm short on time, but will return with supply "recipes" for cards that have comments requesting them.  Please NOTE: All designs can be customized -colors, adding initials/names, changing sentiments & images - contact me to see more options. :)
 
NOTE: With luck & if my neck cooperates, my Etsy Store could have cards for sale in it by Monday. 
www.etsy.com/shop/itsmesusan.com



My wonderful, creative 11 year-old-son, Jake, decided to investigate my peculiar heat gun behavior a few nighs ago... and when he got close he experienced his 1st card making "WOW" when the embossing powder began to melt then lift into that incredible raised silver image.  I was thrilled that he asked to try & let him do his own thing. Jake did something I hadn't thought to do in years... 
Jakey-Inspired
        He used VersaMark and CLEAR embossing powder!  VersaMark is a clear ink that makes images a shade darker than the card stock they're stamped on. I create alot of my background paper that way; see the above Shalom (star) above? The dreidels are made stamping into VersaMark instead of a regular ink pad.  I love the subtle effect, and quickly threw together a few spin-offs of my own.
Changing ink colors can have a big impact


MORE Hanukkah designs, click the Hanukkah link under "Labels," - you'll find it at the right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment