September 6, 2011

Sometimes my days resemble the book, "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie"..

Even serious hunters like to build forts to sleep under.
It's true, there are many days where I set out to do one thing, yet become enthralled by (distracted) another, and move from one thing to another, to another.  I'm not complaining.  I get alot of random things completed, or is "started" a better way to describe my days?  :)
Chloe the Deer Hunter
Today for instance, I was sitting on my couch in the family room (where a sliding door to the fenced-in backyard resides) when Chloe the Hunter decided she MUST go protect the home front!  Out she dashed, always ending with 3-4 hops, towards the fence and wagging her tail.  Curiosity got the best of me so out I went.  I was rewarded by seeing a few deer in the distance ~ mind you I had to look carefully and aim my search towards where Chloe was watching.  My garden happens to be in that location.  I spotted a handful of bright red cherry tomatoes that I picked. Walking in holding those cherry tomatoes made me think about how yummy they would be in a scoop of cottage cheese with chives that I knew was sitting in my fridge.  While getting my bowl, I spotted the last homemade whole wheat English Muffin on my kitchen counter and new I had to have it too.  Into the toaster it went.  I'm not going to get into describing how seeing the group of beautiful ripe full-sized tomatoes helped me (step by step) to dream up an elaborate BLT dinner plan.  LOL.  I'm sure you can imagine the way it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment